Ahhh… Valentine’s Day! It’s still cuddle season, and with cuddles comes the possibility of spreading head lice. This is because the most common way head lice are spread is through head to head contact. How do we prevent head lice? Here at Lice Clinics of America <clinic location name>, we’ve got some tips and tricks for you.
“When parents are confronted with head lice, they often react in a panic,” said Samson Mai, owner of Lice Clinics of America Fresno. “They don’t know what to do, primarily because people don’t like to talk about head lice until they have to. Then they panic.”
What can you do to prepare for head lice? Here are Mai’s tips for helping to prevent an infestation:
- Use lice prevention products. New products are available in the form of sprays, rinses, and shampoos that serve as lice repellent. Lice Clinics of America – Fresno offers a complete line of non-toxic products guaranteed to be effective.
- Get professional screening. Head lice are notoriously tricky to diagnose. Children can be symptom-free for weeks before the signature scratching begins. Lice Clinics of America – Fresno offers screenings for a modest fee that is waived if lice are found and treatment is purchased.
- Know what works and what doesn’t. Traditional lice products are increasingly ineffective because lice have become resistant to the pesticides they use. A 2016 study published in the Journal of Medical Entomology found that 98 percent of head lice carry a genetic resistance to pyrethroids, the class of pesticides used in the most popular lice shampoos. Don’t waste money and time on them. Lice Clinics of America’s AirAllé®medical device has been clinically shown to kill live lice and more than 99 percent of eggs (nits) using carefully controlled heated air to dehydrate lice and eggs. The entire treatment takes about an hour and is guaranteed to be effective. See if there’s a clinic near you and make sure you have the phone number handy when lice strike!
- Stock your home with lice supplies. It’s common to detect head lice at night, such as bath time, when stores may be closed.
- Talk to your friends about head lice. Silence is a significant contributor to head lice outbreaks. If your child comes home with head lice, gets treated, and you send them back to school or day care, odds are they will get lice again if other parents aren’t alerted, and their children aren’t checked. No one likes to talk about head lice, but you really should. And no one is to blame—lice afflict all social and economic groups.
“We want to get the word out that families don’t have to struggle with head lice any longer,” says Mai. “For parents that have tried and failed to treat head lice on their own, our professional technicians can end your ‘lice-mare’ today with the fastest, safest, most effective treatment on the market.”
About Lice Clinics of America – Fresno
Lice Clinics of America has over 300 clinics in 35 countries, making it the world’s largest network of professional lice treatment centers. Lice Clinics of America – Fresno is located at 1075 E Bullard Ave, Ste 102, Fresno, CA 93710 and is open 7 days a week by appointment. Call (559) 540-8990 or visit https://liceclinicsfresno.com/ for more information or to schedule an appointment.